Tuesday 3 January 2012

The icing on the cake

Tomorrow I start a diet, the morning after I start my food blog! A dieting food blogger feels irrelevant but my diet is more about teaching myself moderation (currently I know as much about moderation as I do about the Japanense language).

If we are what we eat, then I plan to be interesting, exotic, comfortable and balanced. Over the past five years, I have developed a love for the mainstream cooks (Jamie, Nigella and Gordon) and celebrated key milestones with Annabel Langbein. Together with my best friend and partner, we have cooked, and cooked, and cooked.

This year is going to be significant. I have a beautiful daughter, a loving partner and a wonderful family. I have a flourishing career. I have so much to be grateful for. And now I plan to give it all some depth through my love of writing and food.

Getting to this point in my life was a rollercoaster (flying highs and roaring lows). To give my journey context, I will reminisce and celebrate and sometimes ... cry. And I hope you will enjoy it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment